Alternatively, you can use the IR526 form below, and claim your donations. It is very simple to do:
- Print out the IR526 form.
- Complete your details on the form.
- In the ‘Transferring your tax credit’ section, write Variety - the Children's Charity in the ‘Name of person receiving the tax credit’ box.
- In Box 9, write the Variety - the Children's Charity IRD number: 52-122-309.
- In Box 10, enter the amount you wish to transfer. You may choose to transfer your total credit to Variety - the Children's Charity, or just a portion.
- Sign and date the form and staple your receipts to the back.
- Send your completed form and receipts to the IRD.
Thank you for making a difference.
How much can you claim?
If you’re claiming for donations, you can claim the lesser of:
- 33.3333% of the total donations you’ve made, or
- 33.3333% of your taxable income.
Are you eligible to make a claim?
You can claim a tax credit if you are an individual and during the tax year:
- you received taxable income, eg, salary, wages, and
- you have valid receipts for donations made to approved donee organisations
- you made childcare and/or housekeeper payments.
You can’t claim a tax credit for:
- tuition, exam, tertiary education or private school fees
- donations you’ve made through payroll giving at your workplace
- payments made where there is direct benefit to the donor or the donor’s family.